Highlights from this PYMNTS Story
- PYMNTS.com, the web’s premier payment news source, interviewed IAmBot Co-founder and CEO Pawel Kolacz about how AI bots can enhance retailers’ customer service
- IAmBot’s AI-based conversational commerce solution integrates with retailers’ messaging channels like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat, connecting brands and retailers with customers through popular apps already on their phones
- Continuous chat regardless of the platform is something IAmBot offers so conversations that start on one platform with a brand can carry over onto others, preventing live chat dropoff, a common issue
- Gartner research claims more than half of organizations have invested in chatbots
“As more customers engage on digital channels, VCAs are being implemented for handling customer requests on websites, mobile apps, consumer messaging apps and social networks.” – Gene Alvarez, managing VP of Gartner
- Truly useful AI, like what IAmBot provides retailers, could have a profound impact on digital conversations with consumers. If a chatbot can regularly reduce the time customer service teams spend on live chat answering ordinary questions such as return policies or color options, there’s a natural benefit. Retailers with mobile apps of their own limit themselves if that’s the only way a shopper can hop on live chat and speak with a customer support rep. Retailers today know the importance of seamless cross-channel communication and being accessible to consumers on all devices.
- Consumers are still wary of AI-powered chatbots. That said, the sentiment behind chatbots is changing as the technology and security are improved, and customer service teams deliver their own feedback to the companies behind the bots. Still, HubSpot says 40% of consumers do not care whether a chatbot or a real human helps them, as long as they are getting the help they need.